From this page you can find out about our Club’s activities and facilities. There are links to main topic areas on the right.
Take a look around. If you like what you see and are interested in joining us, or just want more information, please use any of the contacts listed on our Contacts page. Or just click on our Membership Application Form.
New to the game? Then go straight to our Introductory Course for details of how to play and how you can learn.
Learn More About Us
- 6 good quality outdoor rinks
- Qualified coaches
- Introductory courses for beginners
- All standards of bowling catered for.
- Attractive and well maintained grounds
- Garden with seating area overlooking green
- Quiet, safe and secluded environment
- Club car park
- Monthly Club newsletter
- Social events throughout the year
- Large clubhouse including:
- Well stocked bar and lounge
- Recently modernised changing rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- A full programme of Friendly matches and League fixtures with neighbouring clubs
- Entry into National, County and District Association competitions
- Internal club competitions
Membership at Ember is open to people of all ages and abilities, although there are some restrictions (mainly for safety reasons) particularly relating to those under 10 years of age.
Annual subscriptions are payable from 1st April each year. There is no entrance fee.
A dual membership of both the Ember Sports Club and the Bowls Club is required. The Sports Club fee (£74 per annum) is included in the membership rates, however you may be entitled to a discount if you join more than one section (for details of these reduced rates contact Malcolm Baird on 020 8398 4622 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any query relating to membership of the bowls section, please contact the our Secretary, Linda Pillman (07723 618929 or email@example.com)
Ember Bowls Club welcomes members of all standards.
No “playing-in” standard is required to join us, other than the ability to deliver a bowl without damaging the playing surface.
Within our programme of events you will see that we cater for a wide range of abilities. Whilst 15 of our members have attained their county badge, we also have members who are absolute beginners. The ability of most of our members falls somewhere between these two extremes!
To encourage beginners we hold an Introductory Course at the end of April into the first half of May. This consists of a “Taster” session followed by four follow-up sessions over the next two weeks. For details of this course please see the Ember’s Introductory Course page. New bowlers who join the Club are encouraged to continue meeting on Thursday evenings for further development
Otherwise the Club aims to provide an environment where players can improve their standards and progress through playing in matches and competitions to the highest level they can. Who knows, you may turn out to be the next David Bryant, Tony Allcock or even Francis Drake!
Ember members are very friendly and sociable people!
The Bowls section run a number of social events ranging from fun days, barbecues, lunches, dinner dances, quizzes, race nights etc. throughout the year. The main events for your diary in 2017 are:
- 11th March: Spring Social with Shuffleboard,
- 16th March: Ladies Lunch at Averna, Claygate,
- 13th April: The Club’s pre-season gathering,
- 1st July: The Captain’s Charity Supper in aid of Walsingham Care,
- 3rd July: A challenge bowls match between Ember Sports Club and the Bowls Section,
- 2nd August: A coach trip to the seaside to play at The Saffrons, Eastbourne with supper afterwards.
- 24thNovember: Games Night in the Clubhouse.
Members of the Bowls Section can also take part in and enjoy many other events organised by the Sports Club’s social committee and by the other sections. Information on forthcoming events is published in the Club’s monthly Newsletter, in the News section of this website and on the Notice Boards in the clubhouse.
Crossy’s Home & Garden
A 10% discount is available to all Ember members
Thomas Miller Wealth Management
Thomas Miller Wealth Management sponsor Ember Bowls Club. We offer full financial planning services, impartial and comprehensive advice to all of our clients.
For more information you can visit their website at www.tminvestment.com or alternatively use the below contact details to speak to Frazer Wilson.
Tel: 020 7204 2944
Mobile: 079 7678 8106
Capital at Risk
If you support the community the community will support you. If you want to join with Crossy’s, KWW and Thomas Miller in supporting Ember Bowls Club please contact our Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07723 618929
Captains’ Charity 2017
For the 2017 season our Captains have selected Walsingham Care as the Club’s supported charity.
Walsingham Care is a local charity, created after the sale of ‘The Home of Compassion’ in Thames Ditton. Walsingham Care aims to improve the quality of life for retired people of limited means. They provide financial support to people who are suffering from long-term ill health or disability or in cases of terminal illness.
Walsingham Care helps by providing grants for:
- Help with funding care equipment to allow you to remain in your own home.
- Assistance in meeting costs to allow a rest or a short break for home carers.
- Assistance with the costs of nursing care at home or respite care in a nursing home.
- Regular top-up grants towards any shortfall in care fees for people in residential or nursing home care.
For more information on the charity please visit its website www.walsinghamcare.org.uk