Take a look around. If you like what you see and are interested in joining us, or just want more information, please use any of the contacts listed on our Contacts page. Or just click on our membership application form on the join us page. You can also follow us on Facebook.
New to the game? Then go straight to our Introductory Course for details of how to play and how you can learn.
Learn More About Us
- 6 good quality outdoor rinks
- Qualified coaches
- Introductory courses for beginners
- All standards of bowling catered for.
- Attractive and well maintained grounds
- Garden with seating area overlooking green
- Quiet, safe and secluded environment
- Club car park
- Monthly Club newsletter
- Social events throughout the year
- Large clubhouse including:
- Well stocked bar and lounge
- Recently modernised changing rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- A full programme of Friendly matches and League fixtures with neighbouring clubs
- Entry into National, County and District Association competitions
- Internal club competitions
Membership at Ember is open to people of all ages and abilities, although there are some restrictions (mainly for safety reasons) particularly relating to those under 10 years of age. You do not need to be a member to join our Introductory Course. Annual subscriptions are payable from 1st April each year. There is no entrance fee.
A dual membership of both the Ember Sports Club and the Bowls Club is required. A Full Member subscription for 2020-21 costs £168, First Year Bowlers qualify for a reduced subscription of £129. The Sports Club fee (£84 per annum) is included in the membership rates, however you will be entitled to a discount if you join more than one section (for details of these reduced rates contact Malcolm Baird on 020 8398 4622 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a look at our Join Us page for our Application Form which includes details of membership rates for all sections of the Club.
If you have any query relating to membership of the bowls section, please contact the our Secretary, Ann Gregg (email@example.com) or 020 8979 4500.
No “playing-in” standard is required to join us, other than the ability to deliver a bowl without damaging the playing surface.
Within our programme of events you will see that we cater for a wide range of abilities. Whilst 15 of our members have attained their county badge, we also have members who are absolute beginners. The ability of most of our members falls somewhere between these two extremes!
To encourage beginners we hold an Introductory Course towards the end of April into the first half of May. This consists of a “Taster” session followed by four follow-up sessions over the next two weeks. For details of this course please see the Ember’s Introductory Course page. New bowlers who join the Club are encouraged to continue meeting on Thursday evenings for further development
Otherwise the Club aims to provide an environment where players can improve their standards and progress through playing in matches and competitions to the highest level they can. Who knows, you may turn out to be the next David Bryant, Tony Allcock or even Francis Drake!
The Bowls section run a number of social events ranging from fun days, barbecues, lunches, dinner dances, quizzes, race nights etc. throughout the year. The main events for your diary in 2020 are:
- 29th February: Spring Social (Games Night)
- 18th March: Ladies Lunch at La Orient, Esher
- 12th April: The Club’s pre-season gathering,
- 1st June: Ladies vs. Gentlemen match,
- 27th June: Bowls Club ‘Fun’ Day. Bows with a difference.
- 8th August: Captains vs Chairman followed by Evening Social
- 15th August: Mixed 2-Wood Triples competition followed by a BBQ
Members of the Bowls Section can also take part in and enjoy many other events organised by the Sports Club’s social committee and by the other sections. Information on forthcoming events is published in the Club’s monthly Newsletter, in the News section of this website and on the Notice Boards in the clubhouse.
Crossy’s Home & Garden
A 10% discount is available to all Ember members
If you support the community the community will support you.
If you would like to join with Crossy’s, and KWW Solicitors in supporting Ember Bowls Club please contact our Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8979 4500